In 2012, DWT was a founding partner of empoWer, a women’s initiative formed in collaboration with Moss Adams and US Bank. Focused on creating business development opportunities among women professionals through social, networking and client events, empoWer members represent both the highest levels of leadership and promising future leaders at their respective firms.
Our Women’s affinity group complements the empoWer initiative by providing an internal platform for developing and retaining women leaders at every level of DWT. Members share experiences of how they achieved success and discuss how to identify skills needed to advance. Among the group’s goals are developing initiatives that bridge gaps in communication and work styles that can arise between male and female attorneys, help with professional development, and promote practical steps male attorneys can take to help champion their female colleagues.
- Best Law Firms for Women, Working Mother and Flex-Time Lawyers, 2014-2016
- Gold Certification by Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), 2010-2016
- Ambika Kumar Doran named one of National Diversity Council Washington's "Most Powerful and Influential Women," 2016
- Ranked in top 20 percent of Am Law 200 firms in female equity partnership
- 2015 Most Powerful and Influential Women, National Diversity Council, Portia Moore